JST is more than a manufacturer — we’re
a solutions innovator at the cutting edge of transformer technology.
We continually work to create products with higher efficiencies and
lower costs. Each year we make substantial investments in the
research and development of new products and manufacturing
techniques. We regularly innovate on behalf of our customers,
collaborating with them to find solutions to their specific
challenges. Below are some examples of our R&D and related
successes from recent years: 2007 to
- We made a material science breakthrough by using
non-conventional materials in transformer design, a process which
results in significant cost benefits without compromising
performance. The use of this material is unprecedented in the
industry for the types of cast resin transformers we manufacture.
- In 2007, we achieved UL recognition of our transformer
products. Presently, we are one of two manufacturers of UL
certified cast resin transformers in the world.
- We are currently developing transformer products to be used in
future-generation wind farms.
- We completed development of transformers to be used in marine
applications. These transformers were designed to be compatible
with the harsh marine environment, requiring larger power handling
capacity, operation at a higher ambient due to close shipboard
quarters, and adherence to strict specifications associated with
corrosion and shock resistance.
- We completed the development of a cutting-edge isolation
transformer for use in 800 mega-watt power plants, as well as our
line of multiple coil traction duty rectifier transformers.
- We developed a high voltage, withdrawable, metal-clad and
metal-enclosed switchgear assembly. These designs used a modular
construction facilitating retrofitting and equipment upgrading.
- Also developed were designs for a low-voltage, withdrawable
switchgear assembly, and DC low-voltage switchgear for
uninterruptible power supplies (UPS). Two new substations were
- In 2005, we obtained a license from Schneider Electric
allowing us to use its breakers, and have completed development of
low- and medium-voltage switchgear products around this license
- We met requirements set forth by the world’s premier OEM in
the electrical equipment industry and developed two line reactors
for wind farm applications.